The Spangle Maker
Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops (12-inch version)*
Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops (7-inch version)*
- All titles written and produced by Cocteau Twins.
- Recorded January through March, 1984.
- "The Spangle Maker" and "Pepper-Tree" were recorded at the Palladium Studios in Edinburgh, engineered by Jon Turner and mixed at Rooster in West London, engineered by John Madden. "Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops" was recorded and engineered by John Madden at Rooster.
- AD 405 (7-inch) featured only "Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops" (7") and "Pepper-Tree," and featured the same sleeve artwork.
- Alternate John Peel Session recordings were done for "Pepper-Tree," and is available on BBC Sessions.
- Re-released in 1991 as part of The Box Set.
- All three tracks appear on the 1985 compilation The Pink Opaque.
- A remastered version of "Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops" appears on the 2000 compilation Stars and Topsoil.
- Digitally remastered and re-released in 2005 as part of Lullabies to Violaine.
- All three tracks have appeared in live performances.
- A promotional video was produced for "Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops."
- Sleeve design by 23 Envelope. Photograph by Gertrude Käsebier (1852-1934).